Monday, July 4, 2011

4th of July

My Husband and I spent most of the long weekend catching up on errands, and out and about at birthday celebrations, visiting friends and cookouts, so we decided to spend the 4th relaxing at home.

For lunch I decided to do some BBQing inside; pulled chicken sandwiches & corn on the cob:


Marinate chicken overnight in your favorite BBQ sauce, then cook on the grill (I used a grill pan on the stove)

In the meantime, bring a pot of water to boil and add corn, once you can start to smell the corn, it's ready


Remove chicken from the grill, and let it rest so it stays nice and juicy


Shred chicken with two forks


Mix chicken in a bowl with some warmed BBQ sauce so it has a light coating and sticks together


Serve on a roll with some more sauce if you want (and I always do)


Corn on the cob w/ butter


How about you? What did you do to celebrate the Fourth of July?

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...