Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Crepes

While watching my French Chef DVDs, I realized I couldn't go any longer without a crepe. So I made some!

My go-to recipe for crepes is adapted from
The Joy of Cooking:

1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup lukewarm water
large eggs
tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
pinch salt

Combine all ingredients and let rest at room temperature for 30 minutes before use (can also be refrigerated if you aren't using it right after 30 minutes). Then add batter to crepe pan or iron, swirl, flip, fill and enjoy! I did lemon juice and sugar in and on the crepe, then added some fresh berries on top as well.

I recently got a cool crepe iron similar to ones I've seen in creperies, and I love it because it makes huge crepes, and I like using the spreader for an even crepe, also there's more room for filling and toppings!









  • Bon Appetit!

  • Pin It

    8 comments:

    1. Very impressed you've got a crepe iron at home!! Both hubby & I love crepes, may have to invest in one xoxo
      http://www.intotheblonde.com/

      ReplyDelete
    2. I love the Joy's recipe for crepes! I love crepes! I would eat them every day if I could :)

      ReplyDelete
    3. Oh wow... totally jealous you have a crepe maker!

      ReplyDelete
    4. Mal! That looks amazing! Thanks for stopping by Something To Chew On, and for making me hungry after reading this post :)

      ReplyDelete
    5. omg those look so yummy! You did a great job! :)

      ReplyDelete
    6. i'm so impressed! i've always wanted to try my hand at crepes ~ these looks delish!!
      xo ~ kristina

      ReplyDelete
    7. Your crepes look quite lovely! Now... to just add some nutella

      ReplyDelete
    8. So easy to make and so yummy to eat! Yours look delicious!

      ReplyDelete

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...