Thursday, August 4, 2011

Homemade Chinese Food

Chinese is a favorite of mine, I am always in the mood for it! I have come across some recipes lately for a few of my favorite dishes, Chicken Fried Rice and Crab Rangoon, so decided to try my hand at making them myself, I was really pleased with the results!

Chicken Fried Rice (adapted from this recipe from food for my family)

3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 lb chicken breasts, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 scallions, chopped
2 eggs
4 cups cooked white rice, cooled (approx)
1 teaspoon sesame seeds
3 tablespoons soy sauce
3 tablespoons rice vinegar

In a large wok heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add chicken and cook until no longer pink. Add in garlic and scallions and saute for a few minutes. Move mixture to the sides of the wok so there's a clean space in the middle, put in eggs, scramble, then combine with chicken mixture.

Make a sauce out of soy sauce, sesame seeds and rice vinegar. Add cooked rice to the wok and stir so items are evenly distributed, add the sauce little by little while stirring everything thoroughly, tasting as you go until it's as seasoned as you like it.

For the Crab Rangoon, I used this recipe from Wanna Be A Country Cleaver, but substituted crab meat for the salmon and omitted the cilantro, they turned out really nicely.


Pin It

8 comments:

  1. I love fried rice - this sounds so good! I recently made sweet and sour chicken for the first time - it turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tonite, tonite!!! I'll eat chinese food! i love it!
    xx
    http://dontcallmefashionblogger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. that looks so delicious! I have been craving Chinese lately!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Chinese too Mal, so now I'm seriously hungry for some!!
    http://www.intotheblonde.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chinese food is so fun to cook! I love adding the exotic veggies! ~Val

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks yum, I should give it a try!

    Happy Sunday Mal!

    xx Ivana
    Style in the City

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love making fried rice at home, and I usually just throw in random ingredients I have in my fridge. This looks delish!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...