Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Summer Vacation

Today we are off for a little vacation to our cottage in Maine! I am so excited to just be away for a few days, and being in a gorgeous spot in the middle of nowhere makes it even better. This house has been in our family since my dad was a kid, and I have been going up there every summer since I was still in my mom's belly. It is truly home for me.

I have a few posts lined up in my absence, and I will post photos from the trip upon my return!


Most of my stuff before getting packed up! My lake vacation essentials: Kindle loaded with new books (Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake, Maine, A Little Bit Wicked), lightweight cotton, favorite jeans, bathing suits, a hoodie, sunscreen, the bare essentials of makeup, my camera and a great bag that goes with everything.


And I found a ladybug in one of my plants while I was getting things ready for the trip! Isn't it cute?

What are your vacation necessities?

Pin It

10 comments:

  1. Have a great vacation - I absolutely love being at my family's house in Maine! My vacation necessities are similar but also tend to include lots of snacks, food magazines and margarita materials :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky duck! Have fun.

    ~Jenifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a lovely time Mal! My list of holiday essentials is way longer than yours!!!
    http://www.intotheblonde.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great vacation!!
    My vacation necessities? Camera (of course), mini bottles of all my favorite shampoos and conditioners and three pairs of shoes - one fancy, one casual, one athletic. Just in cases. ~Megan

    ReplyDelete
  5. A cottage in Maine sounds so amazing! I want to go to Maine SO BAD!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like so much fun!! Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy your little vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a great time on your vacation!
    Much love,
    B

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hear Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake is really good. Enjoy your vacation!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...