Monday, September 5, 2011

The Bread Machine's Maiden Voyage

Happy Labor Day everyone!

I tried out my new bread machine over the weekend for the first time, and I am completely in love with it. It's easy to use, the bread came out nicely, and I love not having to keep checking back on my dough.

I decided to start off with one of the basic recipes that comes with the machine:

Homestyle White Bread

Ingredients:
1 cup + 2 T water (75° - 85° F)

1 T butter, room temp
2 T sugar
1 T non-fat dry milk
1 1/2 t salt
3 c bread flour
2 1/2 t bread machine yeast

  1. Attach kneading blade to bread pan
  2. Add ingredients to pan in the order in the recipe
  3. Set bread machine to basic mode for 1.5 lb loaf
  4. All done!


Pin It

8 comments:

  1. told you your life would change...and the smell!!!!
    http://www.intotheblonde.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. there is nothing like homemade bread...looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to buy something like that! I love fresh baked bread!
    Xx
    http://dontcallmefashionblogger.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bread looks great...I bet it was yummy when it was hot and covered with butter...mmmmm...now I want a bread machine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! There's nothing quite like the smell of freshly baked bread floating through the house!

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks awesome ... i can smell it from here :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have that same bread machine. I love mine, too! Your bread looks great.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...