Thursday, September 22, 2011

Cream Cheese Pound Cake with Chocolate Glaze

This is a busy week of seeing friends for dinners and such. As I love to bake, I always offer to bring dessert, it's a great excuse to try new recipes, and everyone appreciates something homemade and yummy. Last night I brought a cream cheese pound cake (from this Southern Living recipe) finished with a chocolate glaze. The cake was very heavy and dense (I could never eat more than one piece at a time) but was delicious and moist. The chocolate was really the perfect addition to it.


Cake:
3 sticks unsalted butter, softened
8 ounce package of cream cheese, softened
3 cups sugar
6 large eggs
3 cups all purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon vanilla extract

  • Beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until combined.
  • Combine flour and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating at low speed just until blended after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Pour batter into a greased and floured 10-inch Bundt pan.
  • Bake at 300° for 1 hour and 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 to 15 minutes; remove from pan, and let cool completely on wire rack.

    Glaze:
  • 3/4 cup chocolate chips
    3 tablespoons unsalted butter
    1 tablespoon corn syrup
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

    Combine chocolate, butter and corn syrup in a bowl over a pan of hot water until combined and smooth and then stir in vanilla. Drizzle and spread glaze over cake.






Do you have something you normally bring when you're invited to someone's home?
Pin It

15 comments:

  1. WOW! Wow, wow, wow. This looks DIVINE.

    ~Jenifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks sinful! Thanks for the recipe.:D

    I usually bake red velvet cake for parties.:D

    ***** Marie *****
    Freeman Beauty Blogger Kit Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  3. THIS LOOKS AMAZING!

    http://www.lyzhang.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. cream cheese pound cake with a chocolate glaze?? YUMMY!!!! i will have to give this one a shot for sure!!!
    xo ~ ks

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful site dear! thx for visiting my site :)
    www.kitchensojourn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmmmm. Pound cake rocks my world! That looks SO delish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG....why do you do this to me??? I just want to reach into my laptop screen and cut a slice! I love pound cake haven't made it in a while but will definitely do so. I like to bring oatmeal raisin or chocolate chip banana bread when I am going to someone's home!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh goodness! My mouth is watering! This looks so delicious!
    I'm not much of a cook, so I usually bring a bottle of wine! Although I've started to experiment with more recipes lately! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. looks delish! and i already have my hinge holders up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. it looks great! but is it heavy? it seems like it would be because of the cream cheese!

    http://xoxo-carolinalove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH. MY. WORD!!! This looks delicious! Thanks for the great recipe :))

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my lordy!!!! How gorgeous does this look xoxo
    http://www.intotheblonde.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very nice Mal. Sounds like a good, basic pound cake that would lend itself nicely to all kinds of toppings.

    I like to take homemade pies.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Uhm, yes please! You had me at cream cheese. I love cakes like this!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...