Friday, September 23, 2011

Have a great weekend!

Happy Friday and first official day of Fall (it's finally here)! This weekend I'm hoping to go apple picking (weather permitting, which is looking pretty dreary) and otherwise get caught up on some of the fall premieres (still haven't watched Modern Family, Community, The Office or Parks & Rec yet and Pan Am debuts on Sunday), and do some errands.

On the news this morning there was a blurb about how a pair of the original Ruby Slippers from The Wizard of Oz are going up on the auction block in December, they were worn by Judy Garland in the film and apparently the ones used for most of the close ups on the shoes, including when they disappeared off of the feet of the Wicked Witch of the East. What a neat piece of movie history to own, I love that the soles are painted red (just like Louboutins!). I wonder how they will be displayed by the winner.

photo from the associated press

What are you all up to this weekend?

Pin It

15 comments:

  1. Those shoes are gorgeous...love her ruby slippers! I am going to be photographing for the entire month of October this weekend! Yup mom is coming up and we'll be taking all the photos ;) Enjoy the apple picking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could you imagine owning those slippers?! I can't! I have always loved them and Dorothy and the movie - I'm from Kansas so it was kind of forced upon me :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yesterday I asked my hubby if he wanted to go apple picking with me, and he said, "What, in the backyard?" (Because we have five apple trees). I rolled my eyes and said, "Of course not. In a real orchard." I would totally come with you!

    Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh goodness! I would love to have those Ruby Slippers. I wanted them sooooo much as a child! I can't believe they are up for auction!
    It is still soooo hot here in Sacramento (in the 100's). So we'll probably stay in and do some housework this weekend!
    Apple picking sounds wonderful!! Have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy weekend Mal! Kepp us posted on how much the shoes auction for xoxo
    http://www.intotheblonde.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to have the slippers. I think it's one of the first movies I saw after moving to the US.

    http://www.lyzhang.com

    PS: I'm now subscribed to your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh apple picking!!!! How I miss living in NY and getting to partake in the fun fall activities... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am looking forward to Pan Am myself as a Mad Men fan! It will be interesting to see what the winner of the ruby slippers does with them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh I want those so bad! She is from MN and I have loved her since I was a little girl. Have a wonderful weekend!
    Much love,
    B

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow thats really interesting! i wonder how much they will sell for!

    http://xoxo-carolinalove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. those shoes are just insanely gorgeous ... imagine how amazing you would feel wearing them! we are off to watch the all blacks play tonight in the rugby world cup, can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've always wanted to go apple picking! Lucky you!

    Wida
    Missing Amsie Blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a great weekend program to me! And those shoes? Mythic!

    Happy Saturday!

    xx Ivana
    Style in the City

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just found your blog and I love it! How cool about those shoes-- if I owned them I'd probably be too scared to actually wear them but boy would it be tempting :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...