Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Bagel Spice Bread

Groupon recently had a deal for a seasoning called Bagel Spice, always loving to try something new, I decided to get the groupon and then ordered the original variety of Bagel Spice, which has: poppy seeds, sesame seeds, caraway, garlic, onion...basically what you find on an everything bagel. I have been loving this seasoning mix and have been incorporating it into lots of things. I baked bread with it the other day; it turned out wonderfully, nice and soft inside with a good crust and a nice crunch from the Bagel Spice.

ingredients:
1 cup plus 1 tablespoon of water
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
2 tablespoons sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
2 tablespoons bagel spice
3 cups bread flour
2 teaspoons bread machine yeast

topping:
1 egg, beaten w/ water
2 tablespoons bagel spice

Put ingredients into pan in order in the recipe (or as indicated by your manufacturer's guide) and select dough cycle.

After cycle is done, remove dough and place on lightly floured surface, cover loosely and let rest for 10 minutes. Roll dough into long rope then curl ends in opposite directions to make an 's' shape (you can shape the bread however you like) Cover loosely with lightly oiled saran wrap and let rise for 40 minutes

After final rise, brush with egg wash and sprinkle bagel spice on top. Bake at 375 for 30 minutes



Don't forget to enter my giveaway for a Bath & Body Works Spook-tacular bag loaded with lots of great smelling goodies!

Pin It

23 comments:

  1. I love the idea of a bagel bread. That looks awesome! And I love everything bagel seasonings too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds and looks heavenly! My latest breakfast obsession has been asiago bagels. YUM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so pretty!! My husband would love it.

    Not sure why I wasn't following you before but I am now :)

    Ellen

    http://everydaysisters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that looks delicious!!
    www.saysskippy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. this doesn't look too complicated to make and absolutely DELICIOUS, i gotta try this out! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really wish I had a clue when it comes to baking bread - this looks SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hmmmm i love to have a bite!!
    xx
    http://dontcallmefashionblogger.blogspot.com/2011/10/naughty-monkey-shoes-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the comment Mal! And becoming a follower :) This looks absolutely scrumptious!
    Meredith
    meredithlockhart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmm, that looks so good right now! This sounds similar to the way my mum makes them, which makes it sound even bettttter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum this looks delicious - I'd love to have it with some salmon schmear!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bagel seasoning?! Crazy! looks good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mmmm! Bagel spice sounds delicious! My mouth is watering from the photos of your bread!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooo yummmmmy! I need to learn how to work with Yeast!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks good!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. ooh this looks SO heavenly mal!! and you are brave!!! for some reason, baking bread really intimidates me, hence the reason why i've yet to make an attempt ~ but i just LOVE the way that this looks!!!
    xoxo ~ kristina

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow that looks so good. I've never worked with yeast before but I might have to give this a try.

    -Ly

    http://www.lyzhang.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. yum! this looks so good i will have to make this

    ReplyDelete
  18. omg yum!! This looks so delicious! Thanks for sharing, xox!

    Hope that you have had the chance to check out my Missoni for Target giveaway!
    Blessings,
    Kat
    www.maryanddyer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...