Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Baked Apples

Baked apples are one of my favorite treats in the fall, and they're so easy to make even if it's just for one, which makes them a perfect weeknight dessert when you want something warm and sweet.

For each apple you need:
1 1/2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons oats
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter

Wash apples and remove core so you have a good size "well" in each and place in baking dish (or individual dishes, I love the Le Creuset petite cocottes).

Mix together sugar, oats and cinnamon, pack the mixture into the apples and top each with a pat of butter.

Bake loosely covered in foil for 30 minutes at 350 (I use the toaster oven if I'm only making a couple). Uncover and bake for another 5-10 minutes, until top is a little golden brown.




Pin It

17 comments:

  1. I've never seen baked apples like this! Very cool! Also, regarding the watch, I wish I could afford one, but right now, probably not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore them too Mal - you've just made me NEED one!!!
    http://www.intotheblonde.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a big fan of baked apples, yours look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yum yum! i have never tried baked apples before but i might have to very soon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! Baked Apples are one of my favorite things!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmm, these look tasty! I don't think I've ever had one before! And I have made a lot of apple baked goods!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What à great receipe!! Need to try it!!
    Xxx Pris

    Ps: enter my Giveaway and win à pair of leather HUB boots!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. One of my fall favorites!!! yummo :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow! This brings back memories. My mom used to make these and would put a marshmallow on top too. Actually, I wasn't crazy about the marshmallow. I would rather have yours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey mal! you've done it again with your tasty looking recipes!! i've got to try this asap!! and it looks very easy!! hope your day was wonderful!!
    xoxo ~ kristina

    ReplyDelete
  11. yumm!! that sounds delicious!! never really thought to bake just the apple w/o the crust of a pie.

    love
    kelly

    www.paperdolltheory.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. so yummy!!! these go perfectly with my post today, come check it out! I love your blog!!!!!

    xo
    Classic & Bubbly

    ReplyDelete
  13. nice post!!i'm following you!!if you like mine, do the same!!!!

    www.zagufashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. These look super yummy. Definitely a perfect treat for autumn, and something that I'll try out soon.

    Sarah
    xo

    www.almostdelightful.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yum, this looks so delicious! Need to try it on my own :)

    xx Ivana
    Style in the City

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...