Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween everyone! I hope everyone is having a great holiday so far. Last year for Halloween we were in London on our honeymoon and went on a Jack the Ripper walking tour of London.

Tonight we will be ordering in pizza and enjoying other treats (see below) and watching Halloween themed movies (It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown, Hocus Pocus and Sleepy Hollow being among my favorites). Low key, but always fun.

we carved our pumpkins last night

wearing this shirt from shirt woot

candy corn rice krispy treats

Melt 1/4 cup butter in a large dutch oven, add a 10 ounce bag of marshmallows and stir until melted and smooth. Stir in 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Mix in 6 cups of Rice Krispies and then press into greased 13x9x2 pan, scatter candy corn on top and press into the Rice Krispy Treats.

roasted pumpkin seeds

Separate seeds from pumpkin, rinse and then toast in a 300 degree oven for 20 minutes. Toss with olive oil and seasonings of your choice, return to oven for another 20 minutes

with lawry's seasoning salt and freshly ground pepper

with cinnamon and sugar

What are you all up to this Halloween? Are you dressing up or taking kids trick or treating? Any other fun traditions?

Pin It

18 comments:

  1. Oh man, that candy corn looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a great evening!

    xoxo navy & orange

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dressed up as Pocahontas this year. I wish I had some warm, crunchy roasted pumpkin seeds right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fab that you came to London on your honeymoon!!
    Happy Halloween xoxo
    http://www.intotheblonde.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy halloween! Hope you had a great weekend and have fun tonight!
    Much love,
    B

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Halloween! Those rice krispie treats look delish!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I'm excited to have found someone with similar interests and fun recipes! The pumpkin seeds sound ace!

    ReplyDelete
  8. sounds like a perfect Halloween! have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you're having a great Halloween! That recipe for candy corn rice krispy treats sounds amazing...I have to do that with my leftover candy corn!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have always wanted to go on the Jack the Ripper tour! And you did it on Halloween! So totally awesome!
    Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness! My sister is ganna flip over those candy corn rice krispy treats! I must use this recipe and make them for her!!

    Love how you were in London last year on your honeymoon, and now you're at home having a low key night. Both incredibly special and show love in all of its many realms ;)

    Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Halloween! And great idea for the pumpkin seeds instead of just throwing them away! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. i *have* to watch it's the great pumpkin, charlie brown...my dog's name too!
    Enter my Sift! Dessert Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  14. pumpkin seeds are definitely one of my favorite things about halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  15. hope you had a great halloween.. love the candy corn rice krispie treats!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I know my comment's a bit late, but a fellow Wooter always deserves one.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...