Friday, December 30, 2011

Happy New Year! (almost)

I feel like 2011 has absolutely flown by! We still haven't finalized our New Year's plans, but I am looking forward to a nice long weekend spent around Boston (this will be our first weekend at home in many weeks, it's been such a busy month).

I came across this article on the bon appetit blog about 10 foods that will bring you luck in the new year. There are some really interesting customs related to food and the new year. The only one I had heard of before is eating black-eyed peas (which I do every year!), but I like the idea of the 12 grapes at midnight (which is Portuguese, like my husband) and a ring shaped food (I'll never turn down a donut).

I tend not to be a big resolution maker. But this past month I have fallen out of my exercise habit, so I'll use January 1st as an excuse to get back into my daily routine. I also like to set a reading goal for the year on my goodreads page. In 2011 my goal is 25 books (not including countless comics), and I'd like to try and up that a little for 2012.

my friend Maxine sent me this video yesterday of Zooey Deschanel and
Joseph Gordon-Levitt singing a song about New Year's Eve, it's so cute!

New Year's Nails: Zoya Crystal, the perfect icy blue with tiny silver and gold flecks

How are you ringing in 2012? Are you making resolutions? Pin It

19 comments:

  1. I'm making TONS of resolutions, but unfortunately I have nowhere fun to be on new years eve - love the nailpolish, I need to try zoya.

    xx Emily @ laughliveandshop.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a amazing blog :-) Take a look at my blog if you want :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this! i am not much into resolutions really and am still trying to come up with one for this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I am so ready for 2012! I actually stuck to all my resolutions this year, and haven't really thought of any good ones for the new year. I saw that video of Zooey & Joseph...too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a happy new year!

    ~Jenifer

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute nail colour! i have so many resolutions, hopefully this year they actually work out :)

    xoxonina.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. New Year is my family's holiday (Russian tradition) so we're doing everything people did for Christmas. I plan to wear a color very similar to the nail polish you've featured :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. happy new year mal! stunning colour and perfect for new years, my 2012 resolution is to learn to crochet and quilt :) have a great year, warmest wishes xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. i think i need to get my nails a little new years sparkle, too! happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. your nails look awesome mal! i love zoya polishes ~ have a wonderful new years!!!!!
    xo, k

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you'll be spending a weekend at home. Happy New Year Mal and yes...I can't turn down a donut either :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. i eat black eyed peas too! and i totally wanna marry JGL. swoon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Zooey and JGL. I will be making resolutions, but I need to think about it. Good luck with yours! Happy new year, Mal!


    *Erin

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy new year, i wish you the best love this post!

    http://paquetevistasbien.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your nail polish and the idea of lucky food! I need to check that article asap!

    Happy Monday :)

    xx Ivana

    Stop by sometimes :)
    Macarons and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am love with that video of Zooey and Joseph!

    xo Jennifer

    http:/seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...