Thursday, January 5, 2012

The Rouxbe Online Cooking School

Around the holidays, Rue La La had a sale that included a voucher for a six month membership to the Rouxbe Cooking School, which is an online video cooking school. The concept seemed really interesting so I decided to give it a go. I waited to activate my membership until after the new year, since I knew I wouldn't have much time to play on the site until then. But now I am having so much fun with it, it's reminding me how much I liked taking online classes during college and working at my own pace

There are so many different lessons on the site! Everything from knife technique to pasta making and even plating. I'm really enjoying looking through everything. Each lesson is broken down into goals, the video, practice, a quiz and also has a discussion section for questions, tips and anything else.


Pin It

8 comments:

  1. That's so cool, I've never seen anything like that. Good luck with your cooking!

    xx Emily @ laughliveandshop.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh that's awesome! It looks like a lot of fun. Wish I had gotten to snag this deal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A) You always post great stuff that I am in love with. I am so jealous right now. B) How does one get a membership to Rue La La? I saw something on Pinterest that you had pinned that I wanted too!

    ~Jenifer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenifer, I have a list of invites to different sample sales on the side of my blog, here's the rue la la link for you to join: http://www.ruelala.com/invite/ebujvfzb

    ReplyDelete
  5. This surely beats going to a class! I will have to check this out. Need all the help I can in a kitchen. LOL

    http://averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds good but I think my self-motivation would have me heading off into the kitchen instead of completing the course!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...