Thursday, December 22, 2011

Seven Layer Magic Cookie Bars

Today is my office's holiday party which includes a secret santa gift swap. As part of the gift that I'm giving to my secret santa, I decided to bake one of his favorite treats; Seven Layer Magic Cookie Bars. 

I had actually never made or even tasted them before. But now I know that they are ridiculously good! There are a lot of flavors going on in them, but they all work really well together, and they aren't as overwhelmingly sweet as I thought they might be. They're just delicious and so easy to make.



Seven Layer Magic Cookie Bars (adapted from Eagle Brand)
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

1 cup butterscotch chips
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup flaked coconut
1 14-ounce can of Sweetened Condensed Milk

Heat oven to 350°. Line a 13 x 9 pan with foil that extends over the sides of the pan and spray with non stick cooking spray.

Combine graham cracker crumbs and melted butter, then press the mixture firmly into the bottom of the prepared pan. Layer (in order) the chocolate, butterscotch, pecans and coconut on top of the crumb mixture. Then drizzle the sweetened condensed milk evenly over the whole thing.


Bake for 25-35 minutes or until lightly browned. Allow to cool and then use the overhanging foil as handles to remove the whole thing from the pan (this makes for easy and perfectly cut bars), cut into squares or desired shapes and enjoy!




Pin It

12 comments:

  1. These are my brothers favorite! I think my mum went overboard making him them this year. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these things! LOVE LOVE LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glady you've crossed to the Dark Side - I don't know where I'd be without my coconut, condensed milk and butterscotch! ~Megan

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh! now i have another thing to add to my baking list! these look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have to say, these look DELICIOUS!!!!!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE these...they remind me of macaroons! not maracons...ppl get those wrong and it irks me so.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've made these before! ♥ them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look so wickedly good-perfect for the festive season! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, brilliant! I've been hunting for a seven layer bar for a week now, and then just happened upon your blog unrelatedly. Kismet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The look fantastic. Every time I have had these, I have really enjoyed them.

    *Erin

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love these bars, but never get to bake them because I'd be the only one eating them. My husband usually eats just one of any sweets I make, leaving me to deal with the remaining cookies, bars, scones, etc. I'm a woman who enjoys her sweets, so that's a bad arrangement.. haha.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! http://coffeecritical.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...