Monday, December 19, 2011

Weekend Redux

I spent this weekend visiting my parents for an early Chanukah celebration (the holiday actually begins tomorrow night) it was a wonderfully relaxing weekend, we exchanged gifts, ate a lot, watched movies and went for nighttime walks to look at all the holidays lights up in the neighborhood.

One of my gifts was a new camera lens that I am somewhat obsessed with, so I thought I'd share some pictures (they're mostly of the dog and food because everyone protests having their photo taken)

Pouring Popovers
mom pouring popover batter

Spinning Dreidl
spinning dreidel

DSC_0037
tearose centerpiece

DSC_0154
spinach gratin

Peppermint Bark
peppermint bark

DSC_0222
Hobbes peering out

DSC_0214
Hobbes running (this is my favorite pic from the weekend)

What did you all do this weekend?

Pin It

18 comments:

  1. Looks like your lens is awesome. What kind of camera do you have?

    ~Jenifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. New camera? Lucky you. I am also looking for a good one.

    http://www.thegirlieblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems like a great weekend to me, I absolutely adore the quality your camera is putting out in, some of these photos are completely and utterly stunning in all seriousness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenifer, it's a Nikon d3000, I absolutely love it. The lens I just got is a 35mm/1.8

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a great weekend. We did too. I baked up a storm and did some last minute shopping :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a great weekend. Your photos look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That action shot of your dog is amazing. The lens is so crisp - what a NICE gift!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy early hannukah! I won't embarass myself with my bad Hebrew!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your pictures turned out fantastic, what a great lens. I finished my xmas shopping this weekend ;D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hobbes is so cute! Love that running pic is awesome! Happy Chanukah celebrations to you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That spinach gratin looks tasty! I made some onion soup this weekend and then had a bunch of family stuff to do.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your dog is SO cute! I want Hobbes!

    You definitely have a new follower.

    xox,

    Luis

    www.ChicOverload.com (my blog!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. hey, mal! your dog is so adorable. :) what kind of camera do you use and which lens did you get? curious... because the pics are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. haha... after i posted, i read what the other people commented... and i saw your answer to my question. i have to look into this lens! good for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh mal, these are great photos!! you can really tell a difference w. the lens camera, your pup is soooo cute ~ i love it! and wow, can't even tell that the dreidel is spinning, i've always loved those!!
    xo, k

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome camera lens. It takes some great shots! Your puppy is just too cute! :D
    http://sassyuptownchic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...