Monday, January 9, 2012

Bread Machine Brioche Rolls

I love brioche, it is rich and buttery with a really lovely crust and a tender crumb. When we were in France on our honeymoon, there was delicious brioche everywhere we went (some places had rolls of it filled with nutella, it was heaven), and I ate it everyday. Since getting on my bread making kick, I knew I'd have to conquer this delicious bread.

This is not a first week of a new year friendly recipe (i.e. not keeping in line with get healthy resolutions). But it is delicious. And they're small, so what can it hurt, really?

Dough:
1/3 cup milk
3 tablespoons water
3 large eggs
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened and cut into tablespoon sized pieces
2 tablespoons sugar
3/4 teaspoon salt
3 cups bread flour
1 1/2 teaspoons bread machine yeast

Egg wash:
1 large egg, beaten
1 tablespoon water

Place all ingredients in bread machine according to the manufacturer's instructions and set to the dough cycle.

After dough cycle ends, remove dough to lightly floured surface, cover and let rest for ten minutes. After rest, cut dough into 12 equal pieces (or you can make one large brioche instead of individual rolls). To form brioche rolls, cut 1/4 off of each piece of dough (these small pieces will create the 'topknot' on the brioche). Place and lightly press each large piece of dough into your brioche molds (or large muffin tins), then use your fingers to make a 'well' in the center of each. Roll the small pieces of dough into teardrop shapes and place one (small side down) into each 'well'. Loosely cover the brioche and put in the fridge for at least two hours (and it can be left overnight).

After cold rise, let rolls rise at room temperature for 45-60 minutes or until almost doubled. Brush with egg wash and bake at 350 for about 25 minutes, until golden brown.



Pin It

10 comments:

  1. I think that some of the best bread comes done this way, awesome recipe, I'd love to try some of that right now, I really would!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these look so yummy!! i absolutely love homemade bread, such a good recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These rolls look fab and I can't wait to try them! Thanks so much for stopping by and for the great recipe! I'm following you now, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bookmarked and sent to my mom (she's the cook in my family). She buys brioche rolls from Whole Foods at an alarming rate (and I don't think they're all that great anyway). I'm sure she's love to give these a try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yum! these look really good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't used my bread machine in a while. Thank you for giving me a reason to dust it off!

    modernmotherhen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh yum! i love brioche! esp in french toast :) you should totally try making a bread pudding with your homemade rolls next time.

    love kelly

    www.paperdolltheory.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...