Friday, January 13, 2012

Have a wonderful weekend!

Happy Friday (the 13th! Are you superstitious?) everyone! After all the short weeks and breaks due to the holidays, this week seemed to take forever to get through. But with great reward as this weekend will be a long three day weekend for Martin Luther King Day.

Today is my mother in law's birthday so we will be driving down to visit and take her out to dinner tonight (restaurant still to be decided).

Also on the agenda this weekend will be my first foray into pizza making (from scratch, that is) my back-ordered pizza stone finally arrived and I am so excited to make my own pizza. I definitely want to make a BBQ chicken pizza. Or maybe a classic cheese. What is your favorite pizza?

And lastly, Beauty and the Beast is being re-released into theatres as of today, and I couldn't be more excited to see this movie on the big screen again! Lucky has put together some stylish outfits for a modern day Belle.


What are your weekend plans?

Click here to enter my January giveaway for a set of Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butters Pin It

13 comments:

  1. Here's hoping you have an awesome weekend Mal, personally I don't believe in the Friday the 13th stuff but at the same time here's hoping nothing strange happens to anybody. That pizza stone sounds amazing, you should post photos of the pizza you've made!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're also going to make a pizza this weekend! Hopefully, we'll be able to emulate the flavor of the bacon cheeseburger pizza from the local pizzeria (it's one of the best pizzas I've ever had). What recipe are you planning to use for the crust? I've had pretty good success with the one from http://pizzatherapy.com/dough.htm , though it does tend to rise a bit more than I'd like sometimes.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm glad to hear you liked the blood orange Chobani -- I hope that's next month's shipment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Matthew, I'll definitely be sharing pictures and recipes soon!

    Erin, My husband's aunt sent me her recipe for pizza dough, so I will probably try that one first, thanks for sharing your recipe, I'll have to try that one out too! And bacon cheeseburger pizza sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to see Beauty and the Beast so badly! Mostly for the Tangled opening haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love beauty and the beast, one of my favourite disney movies!

    http://scarletredblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Homemade pizza dough makes the best pizzas! Hope yours turns out great. I am also a big fan of Beauty and the Beast. Thankfully I have two daughters so I get to try and cover up my geekiness and say I'm excited for THEM to see it lol. Have a great weekend!

    modernmotherhen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. beauty and the beast is definitely my fave!! LOVE IT! xx

    natalieoffduty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope your weekend went well! I actually had a really awesome Friday. During lunch, my friend and I literally say around for 10 minutes talking about how happy we were without knowing why we were so happy. Can't wait to see what you whip up with the pizza stone.

    ReplyDelete
  9. it sure sounds like you had yourself an excellent weekend! anything that involves pizza is a good thing!!
    xx, k

    ReplyDelete
  10. My favourite pizza must be plain mozzarella tomato pizza:) Hope you had a fantastic weekend, sunshine. Muah

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't know if you have a particular dough recipe in mind, but we use this one http://www.cookingchanneltv.com/recipes/debi-mazar-and-gabriele-corcos/pizza-dough-recipe/index.html and it is the best ever (and we have tried about 20).

    Have fun with your new pizza stone!

    *Erin

    ReplyDelete
  12. We did see it in 3d! The 3d wasn't anything amazing, but it was still just fun to see it on the big screen again :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...