Tuesday, January 3, 2012

How we ended 2011

On Saturday, Greg and I decided to spend the last day of 2011 by taking a day trip to New Hampshire to visit Fun Spot, the largest arcade in the world. Greg had been there for a friend's bachelor party before and had been raving about it ever since then, but this was my first time there. Needless to say, it was amazing.

Along the way we stopped at Rocky's Famous Burgers. We had seen it on the Phantom Gourmet ( which is a New England restaurant review show) recently and couldn't not check it out, and it was absolutely amazing. The fries were hand cut and fried to order with the perfect amount of salt and pepper on them.

My burger - 'The Lexi' - pepper jack, tomato, lettuce, guac, bacon and chipoltle sauce

tokens

games as far as the eye can see

my personal fave, skee ball

Addams Family pinball

old school mario brothers machine
Pin It

16 comments:

  1. Looking at burgers like that makes my mouth water on sight. There's a place out here in Portland that looks similar to your arcade. If you're ever out here, check out Ground Kontrol. You won't regret it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like the PERFECT way to ring in the new year...skee ball used to be my favorite game. Would love to play it again! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun and delicious place. Reminds me of Dave n' Busters. Except better.

    http://www.thegirlieblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun my kids love the video games!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember going to Funspot when I was a kid! Sounds like you guys had a great time. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this sounds and looks like a fantastic way to spend the end of 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That burger looks amazing. I love any place that lets me play arcade games :)

    Have a Happy New Year!
    http://www.lyzhang.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. seems like you had a lot of fun! the burger looks really good. All the best for 2012 :)

    Leftbanked.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those burgers look amazing. We were in Fuddruckers in Saugus this past weekend too, so fat but so good ;)

    Hope you had a great New Year my dear.

    Please check out my blog for a review of V Nunes Jewelry, thanks ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you had a wonderful time! I just came across your blog and it's great, I'd love to keep in contact with you. Would you like to follow each other? Let me know by leaving a comment on my blog saying you did, or follow me and I promise I'll follow back!
    xoxo, Veena

    http://seven-inch-stilettos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. That burger looks intense! I hope it was as delish as it sounds.

    ~Jenifer

    ReplyDelete
  12. That hamburger is making my mouth water! Mmmm! I love pepper jack cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just found your blog and the fries from Rocky's look soo delicious. I wish they had one on the west coast. haha, the Fun Spot totally brought back memories of when I was a kid. I love that ski ball game. Following you now

    xoDale
    I'm a stylist here in San Francisco if you have time to stop by my fashion blog www.savvyspice.net

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like you guys had a great new years! Happy new year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super fun! And that burger looks YUMMY delicious! Glad you two enjoyed it.

    http://averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...