Monday, January 30, 2012

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Oatmeal is healthy and a great thing to have for breakfast, which makes oatmeal cookies healthy and also a good breakfast food, yes?

Greg loves oatmeal cookies, and he loves them absolutely packed with oats and with no raisins. I love oatmeal cookies with chocolate chips (really I love most anything with chocolate chips) This cookie is a hybrid of both of our tastes. The dough is incredibly dense due to all the oatiness, I like to mix this dough with the paddle attachment of my Kitchenaid instead of by hand because I don't think my arms could take it.

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
10 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup vanilla sugar (can also use plain white granulated)
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
pinch of salt
4 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
1 1/4 cups mini chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350

Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl and set aside.

Cream together butter and sugars. Add eggs one at a time and then the vanilla. Slowly add in the flour mixture. Once incorporated start adding in the oats. I keep adding oats until it looks as though the dough cannot take anymore. Finally, add in the chocolate chips.

Drop tablespoons of dough onto silpat lined (or greased) cookie sheets (I actually like to roll them and flatten them slightly into little pucks so they all look uniform when done). Bake for 10 minutes



Pin It

9 comments:

  1. Well I will definitely be making these this week. Oatmeal and chocolate chip cookies (without the chocolate chips, since I'm not a fan of chocolate really...) are my favorite cookie flavors ever!

    -meesch
    http://www.aperfectkindofday.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love oatmeal chocolate chop cookies - oatmeal adds such a great texture to cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely they work for breakfast! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love thick, hearty oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. And yes, for breakfast! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy a good oatmeal cookie. I like the oatmeal scotchies

    ReplyDelete
  6. it's look yami;) i should try do it;))

    check out my blog;))

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look like my kind of cookie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum! I am not much of an oatmeal raisin kind of girl, but throw in some chocolate chips and I am so in!

    *Erin

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...