Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Oscar Nominations!


This year's Oscar nominations were just announced. You can view the full list on the official Academy Awards website. I haven't seen a lot of the nominations, but I still enjoy watching the Awards, and now I have some new titles to look in to for my Netflix queue.

Here are some of the top categories:

Best Picture

  • "The Artist" Thomas Langmann, Producer
  • "The Descendants" Jim Burke, Alexander Payne and Jim Taylor, Producers
  • "Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close" Scott Rudin, Producer
  • "The Help" Brunson Green, Chris Columbus and Michael Barnathan, Producers
  • "Hugo" Graham King and Martin Scorsese, Producers
  • "Midnight in ParisLetty Aronson and Stephen Tenenbaum, Producers
  • "Moneyball" Michael De Luca, Rachael Horovitz and Brad Pitt, Producers
  • "The Tree of Life" Nominees to be determined
  • "War Horse" Steven Spielberg and Kathleen Kennedy, Producers

Directing

  • "The Artist" Michel Hazanavicius
  • "The Descendants" Alexander Payne
  • "Hugo" Martin Scorsese
  • "Midnight in Paris" Woody Allen
  • "The Tree of Life" Terrence Malick

Animated Feature Film

  • "A Cat in Paris" Alain Gagnol and Jean-Loup Felicioli
  • "Chico & Rita" Fernando Trueba and Javier Mariscal
  • "Kung Fu Panda 2" Jennifer Yuh Nelson
  • "Puss in Boots" Chris Miller
  • "Rango" Gore Verbinski

Actor in a Leading Role

  • Demián Bichir in "A Better Life"
  • George Clooney in "The Descendants"
  • Jean Dujardin in "The Artist"
  • Gary Oldman in "Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy"
  • Brad Pitt in "Moneyball"

Actor in a Supporting Role

  • Kenneth Branagh in "My Week with Marilyn"
  • Jonah Hill in "Moneyball"
  • Nick Nolte in "Warrior"
  • Christopher Plummer in "Beginners"
  • Max von Sydow in "Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close"

Actress in a Leading Role

  • Glenn Close in "Albert Nobbs"
  • Viola Davis in "The Help"
  • Rooney Mara in "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo"
  • Meryl Streep in "The Iron Lady"
  • Michelle Williams in "My Week with Marilyn"

Actress in a Supporting Role

  • Bérénice Bejo in "The Artist"
  • Jessica Chastain in "The Help"
  • Melissa McCarthy in "Bridesmaids"
  • Janet McTeer in "Albert Nobbs"
  • Octavia Spencer in "The Help"

Costume Design

  • "Anonymous" Lisy Christl
  • "The Artist" Mark Bridges
  • "Hugo" Sandy Powell
  • "Jane Eyre" Michael O'Connor
  • "W.E." Arianne Phillips

Music (Original Song)

  • "Man or Muppet" from "The Muppets" Music and Lyric by Bret McKenzie
  • "Real in Rio" from "Rio" Music by Sergio Mendes and Carlinhos Brown Lyric by Siedah Garrett

Writing (Original Screenplay)

  • "The Artist" Written by Michel Hazanavicius
  • "Bridesmaids" Written by Annie Mumolo & Kristen Wiig
  • "Margin Call" Written by J.C. Chandor
  • "Midnight in Paris" Written by Woody Allen
  • "A Separation" Written by Asghar Farhadi

What do you think, have you seen many of the movies, do you think something was overlooked? Do you watch the Oscars?
Pin It

10 comments:

  1. Sadly I can see Meryl Streep running away with everything she's nominated for despite her role as Thatcher being extremely underwhelming, she could barely pull our accent off properly. It'll be interesting to see who wins all of these though. I can't wait until the Oscars!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Oscars! I thought "Man or Muppet" was a hilarious song, and I'm glad Midnight in Paris is nominated for something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I have seen Bridesmaids...and that about sums it up. I am almost finished reading The Help, then I will watch the movie. I am embarrassed that I haven't seen many of these films.

    *Erin

    P.S. I gave you an award over on my blog. Come check it out when you get a chance:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Midnight in Paris!


    Minted Magazine


    mintedmag.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I LOVE watching the Oscars! Every year I try to watch all the movies (although I haven't succeeded in this yet).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait for the Oscars! And oh dear, Madonna is not going to be happy-nor Elton!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for the roundup! I haven't had time to see the nominations.

    xoxo navy & orange

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've only seen Midnight In Paris, and this year's list made me realize that I need to get out more! However, I did love that move and I hope it wins. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope Midnight in Paris wins something. I heart that show.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...