Thursday, January 19, 2012

Recycling a Christmas Tree

I have been coming across multiple articles about old Christmas trees being donated to zoos all over (England, Germany and California to name a few) for animals to play with (and many of the animals eat the trees too). It's the most phenomenal idea! I know it's after the fact now, but definitely something to keep in mind for next year.

Aren't these pictures amazing?





Click here to enter my January giveaway for a set of Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butters Pin It

6 comments:

  1. How sweet! I had no idea that zoos took Christmas trees.

    http://mandycrandell.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that idea! I'm still surprised how little the US does for the environment. Coming from Europe were we recycle our trash since 15 years or so, they just started to do it here in TX for the apartments - crazy! Even if I had to bring the tree myself to the zoo I would definitely do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this idea, especially the first one. This tree idea is awesome, if I had a real tree and a local zoo I would so be up for helping out this cause.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always wondered what happened to those old xmas trees!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a really cool idea. I wonder how they make sure there aren't any hooks or anything dangerous left on it from people?

    *Erin

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...