Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Thai Style Peanut Noodles

This is one of Greg's very favorite meals, he loves anything with peanut butter and anything spicy (he adds more chili oil and chili flakes to his own dish of it to make it hotter too), so it's really a perfect combo for him. You can adjust the spice level by toning down the chili oil and flakes, but I think these amounts give a nice little kick.


Thai Style Peanut Noodles
1 lb Boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced (you can really use any type of meat or protein you like, it all tastes delicious)
1 medium onion, finely chopped
2 large eggs
any vegetables you have on hand/want to add (bean sprouts and peapods are a couple of my faves to add to this)
1 12 oz box noodles (I generally use Annie Chun's chow mein noodles)
Sauce:
1 cup smooth peanut butter
2/3 cup coconut milk
2 teaspoons sesame oil
2 teaspoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon chili oil
1/2 teaspoon rice vinegar
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon chili flakes
1/2 tablespoon sugar
1/4 cup ground peanuts

Cook noodles according to package instructions.

Mix together all sauce ingredients and set aside.

In a wok, cook chicken pieces until no longer pink, add chopped onion and cook until almost translucent. Move chicken and onion to the side to make a clear area on the bottom of the wok. Add eggs, scramble and cook through, then mix the chicken and onion back in. Add noodles and sauce, toss to combine.


Pin It

5 comments:

  1. This looks super delicious! We are going to have to try it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A few years ago, one of my friends made something like that and I loved it. Since that time I wanted to recreate that dish so badly and now I can. Thank you so much, sweetie. I cant wait to try it. Muah

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds so, so good! It's the peanut butter getting to me; I'd eat anything with peanut butter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM. Drooling all over keyboard now...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...