Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Thin No Rise Pizza Crust

My first homemade pizza; I feel so accomplished! I have a list of different crust recipes I'd like to try, but for my first one I went with a really simple no rise crust (due to a busy day and not wanting to wait longer for dinner) And it turned out really nicely, very crisp and thin.

Topping wise I did a BBQ chicken pizza, as that is always a go-to of Greg's and mine when we're out. I used BBQ Sauce (Sweet Baby Ray's is our absolute fave), mozzarella, mild cheddar, fresh corn, scallions and grilled chicken breast. It was incredibly tasty

Thin No Rise Pizza Crust (recipe from Fleischmann's)
1 3/4 - 2 1/2 cups of flour
1 envelope pizza yeast
1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
3/4 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup warm (about 120-130 degrees F)
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup cornmeal

Preheat oven to 425. If using a pizza stone, preheat that as well

Put salt, sugar, 1 cup of flour and yeast in a bowl. Add oil and water and stir until well combined.  Slowly add 3/4 cup more flour to the mixture until dough starts to come into a sticky ball.

Turn ball out onto floured surface and knead until smooth, adding more flour as you go to get the right texture.

Sprinkle cornmeal onto a pizza peel (I used a cookie sheet as a makeshift pizza peel without too much difficulty) or into a pizza pan if you aren't using a pizza stone. Stretch, pull and press dough into a 12 inch circle on the peel or pan. Add sauce, cheese and toppings and then bake for about 20 minutes.



Pin It

10 comments:

  1. I love thin pizza crusts the best when I'm eating pizza and this looks awesome! I want one of these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to work on my thin pizza crusts, I'm always too paranoid about ripping them when I turn them out. Nerts. And any reason to put my new pizza stone to work has my vote. :) ~Megan

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks delicious! I tried making a homemade sauceless pizza last night and it was just soooooo much dough... this one looks so much better!

    -Meesch
    http://www.aperfectkindofday.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mal, your pizza looks so professional and delish! Dangerous for me to be reading this post before breakfast - very hungry now;)
    -Erin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pizza look great! I love thin crust pizza too. It's so good!
    I made my own pizza once in my food lab and it turned out great. I should make more of my own pizza.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely post! Looks yummy.

    Shall we follow each other? I'm following.

    WWW.FASHIONWHIT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks and sounds great. I haven't ever tried a non-traditional pizza like that.

    *Erin

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh yummmmm! homade pizza crust is always intimidates me. but you've inspired me. :)

    love kelly

    www.paperdolltheory.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your pizza looks great! Well done on your first homemade pizza Mal! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooh homemade BBQ chicken pizza sounds delicious! Great pics!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...