Friday, March 16, 2012

The Pioneer Woman!

On Tuesday this week, Ree Drummond's (The Pioneer Woman) new cookbook Food From My Frontier was released. And with the release was a book tour that finally included a stop in my city of Boston. I was so incredibly excited when I found out she'd finally be coming to Boston! I have been reading her site for quite a few years now and love reading about a life so different from my own, seeing her amazing photos, and trying out her recipes. I called Brookline Booksmith within minutes of opening on the day tickets were available and then tried to sit still for the next two weeks.

Yesterday the wait was finally over and I headed to Brookline to see Ree speak (complete with a powerpoint presentation) about her blogging, cooking, family and the frontier at the Coolidge Corner Theatre. It was such a fun evening which happily concluded with a book signing at Brookline Booksmith and I got to meet and chat with Ree for a few minutes and she happily signed the three books I brought. She is such a sweet, personable and gracious lady.



Marlboro Man





Charlie










yay!

all my signed books

Pin It

11 comments:

  1. Sounds like a really good book to me, that lady seems like she's quite something too. Awesome photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you! Sounds like fun. I visited your city of Boston once and I loved it! It's on my list of places to go back to ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems that you had fun!!! Beautiful pictures! Thanks for visiting my blog!
    www.notasinfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun - I'm a little envious! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome, what a great experience. I've never been to a book signing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't recognize her from that far away.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This a great experience of yours, to meet the author.
    Nice!

    Come visit my blog, let me know how you like it
    and can we follow each other on GFC?

    http://www.momfashionworld.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this seems like such an amazing book signing. I am so happy you were able to go and enjoy yourself.

    Lynn
    CARMEN VOGUE

    ReplyDelete
  9. my mama is obsessed with TPW. i got her both books for her bday last week. she's driving me crazy with her happiness. it's cute.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...