Monday, March 26, 2012

Roasted Garlic Cheese Bread

Garlic bread is a favorite food of mine, and I had set out on making a perfect version at home. After a few different types, I settled on one with roasted garlic which has a more subtle flavor, but still delicious. I tried this with and without cheese, and while both are very good, the variety with cheese was the clear winner.

Roasted Garlic Cheese Bread
2 heads garlic
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1 teaspoon parsley, finely chopped
2/3 cup shredded mozzarella
1/2 cup shredded mild cheddar
2 short baguettes or one long baguette, cut in half lengthwise

Cut off the top of the heads of garlic, exposing most of the cloves. Please each head onto a piece of foil and drizzle with olive oil. Wrap up into two little bundles and roast at 400 until very soft and lightly browned. Allow to cool.

Once the garlic is cool enough to handle, squeeze out the garlic into a bowl and mash with a fork until smooth. Add softened butter and mix until well incorporated. Then stir in cheese and parsley. Spread mixture evenly over the baguette halves. Put on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 until bubbly and lightly browned.

this recipe is also shared at some of my favorite food blog hops


Pin It

8 comments:

  1. Awesome recipe, garlic and cheese in an awesome combination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful recipe!
    We love to eat garlic-bread with green salad or a bowl of soup

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love garlic bread! It's one of my favorite treats. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would also go with the cheese version, hands down! Thanks so much for linking to Must Try Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes I want to laugh at how sentimental I feel when I come across certain foods. Roast chicken makes me think of my mom and garlic bread makes me think of this little pasta place near the college where my best friend and I used to take baking lessons (they had the best garlic bread ever). I really need to try your recipe out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Visiting from Creative Corner Blog Hop.
    Love the idea of using roasted garlic on garlic bread. I think I'll have to plan a meal around this bread!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds delicious. We had spaghetti tonight & this would have been perfect with it - I'll try this next time!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...