Wednesday, April 18, 2012

2012 London Olympic Games

I love watching the Olympics, which, as of today are only 100 days away! I'm really excited that they'll be in London this year, which is one of my favorite cities.

Today has put up a bunch of photos of the venues for the 2012 London Olympic Games. Some of the shots are really amazing looking. You can view the full slideshow here.

Olympic Park

Aerial view of the Olympic Stadium, Aquatics Centre & Water Polo Arena

North Greenwich Arena aka The Dome

Lee Valley White Water Centre

Wimbledon

Olympic mascot Wenlock (left) and Paralympic mascot Mandeville (right)

Torch unveiled by Sebastian Coe, Chairman of the 2012 London Olympics Organising Committee

Are you all excited for the Olympics too? What's your favorite part of the games?

Pin It

7 comments:

  1. I'm going to be pretty damn excited for the Olympics as well Mal, although I do find the hype over here in the built up has been a little too sensational. I'm particularly pumped for the football aspect of it, here's hoping Team GB win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very exciting for London!! Wish I could visit for the games! I can't wait to see the water polo matches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for reminding me it's only 100 days away, i LOVE watching the olympics as well, so exciting that it's getting so close!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting, I hope I can find some time to watch.:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Underworld are going to be the music directors for the olympics:

    http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/underworld-named-music-directors-of-2012-olympics-20111208

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome photos. I'm very excited for the Olympics as well!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...