Monday, April 23, 2012

Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas

Greg is starting a brand new job today (congratulations, Husband!). As a good luck meal last night, I combined two of his favorite foods (enchiladas and buffalo wings) into one glorious fusion creation. (After seeing the idea on a couple blogs I read, I knew I'd have to make my own version). These enchiladas were a huge hit!

Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 large onion, finely sliced
1 cup bleu cheese dressing (I used Ken's)
8 corn tortillas (enchilada sized- about 8 inches)
2/3 cup mild enchilada sauce
1 cup hot sauce (Frank's is my favorite)
1 1/4 cup mild cheddar cheese, grated
1 cup monterey jack cheese, grated

Cook the chicken and shred it. I grilled mine, but any method works.

Melt butter in a large pan and add in onions, cook until brown and caramelized, about 15 minutes.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease baking dish.

Combine the shredded chicken, onions, bleu cheese dressing, cream cheese, 1/2 cup of mild cheddar cheese, and 1/2 cup of monteray jack cheese.

Heat a griddle or skillet over low-medium heat, and working one at a time, heat the tortillas until they are warm and pliable and then fill each with about a 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture and place in baking dish, seam side down. Repeat until all tortillas and filling are used up.

Pour the hot sauce over the top of the enchiladas and bake for 10 minutes. Sprinkle remaining cheese over the top and return to the oven for another 15 minutes, until hot, melty and bubbly.

this recipe is also shared at some of my favorite food blog hops


Pin It

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your husband starting his new job Mal, here's hoping it works well for Greg. The enchiladas sound and look delicious as well by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to your husband! And this recipe sounds delicious, enchiladas are one of my absolute favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a combo! Yum - my hubby would like that too.

    Liz @Virtually Homemade

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to your hubby! Thank you for coming to Must Try Monday. I shared these on the My Favorite Finds FB page today :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband would go crazy over these and the recipe seems easy enough. Adding to my "must-try" list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for participating in Show Your Stuff Blog Hop, You are invited to come back:
    http://juliejewels1.blogspot.com/2012/04/show-your-stuff-21-sloppy-dave-recipe.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...