Monday, April 30, 2012

Butterfinger Pie

Last summer I read A Little Bit Wicked by Kristin Chenoweth, whom I adore and I really loved reading about her life and how she got to be where and who she is.

In the book she included a couple of recipes for some delicious sounding sweets, and I stuck a bookmark on this one recipe for a Butterfinger Pie that I knew I would have to revisit. I forgot about it until now! But now I have made it, and it was so incredibly easy and so deliciously awesome. (I only made a few changes in that I prefer homemade graham cracker crust and I added more butterfinger because my Target was lacking in the kingsize variety so I got a bunch of the "fun-size" ones, but I think the chocolate ratio might be a bit higher because of that, and that is never a bad thing)

"The Top Secret Recipe for Kristi Dawn’s No Calorie Left Behind Butterfinger Pie
  • Crunch up six king-size Butterfinger bars. Smash them up in a plastic bag or beat them with a rolling pin while they’re still in the wrapper. Exercise your aggression. Very therapeutic.
  • Take a twelve-ounce deal of Cool Whip and mix it up with the candy-bar shrapnel.
  • Plop all that into one of those graham-cracker crusts. (Just get over yourself and buy the premade kind. Don’t be all Barefoot Contessa about it.)
  • Freeze! No, not you, the pie. I mean freeze in the freezer, not in the theatrical sense. This is important. If you skip this step, people will assume it’s French onion dip and stick their potato chips in it.
  • Serve with a smile on paper plates. The kind with the rippled edges, whenever possible."
Chenolicious Butterfinger Pie
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/4 unsalted butter, melted
1/4 cup sugar
40 fun size butterfingers
12 oz conatiner of cool whip, thawed slightly so it can be stirred

Preheat oven to 375 

Mix together graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and sugar with a fork until well combined. Press mixture into a pie plate. Bake for about 8 minutes, until just lightly browned. (you can skip this step and just buy a premade crust, I just like the homemade ones)

Unwrap all the butterfingers and put into a large ziploc bag. With the smooth side of a meat tenderizer or even a rolling pin smash the candy into small pieces. Put aside a couple tablespoons of the crushed candy.

Mix candy bar pieces into the cool whip until completely combined, smooth the cool whip mixture into the pie crust, sprinkle the top with the reserved crushed candy, and freeze for at least two hours before serving. Store leftovers in the freezer (it slices easily when fresh out of the freezer).

this recipe is also shared at some of my favorite food blog hops



Pin It

9 comments:

  1. How decadent... I haven't seen a recipe that uses one of my favorite candy bars. I bet it melts nicely, Thanks for sharing it on foodie friday see you this friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so delicious to me. When I'm done with my current dieting and exercise regime I'd love to treat myself to one of these pies Mal, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oohmygosh, don't even tempt me. This sounds awesome.


    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh goodness! Looks heavenly! Thanks for the recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm pinning this later. It's made with my favorite candy bars! Thanks for sharing at Must Try Monday. Come over and sign up for the blog swap I'm co hosting. You'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks yummy! I'll be trying it for sure! Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing:)

    Hopping by and following your twitter and Pinterest.

    The Quiet Mom @ http://olahmomma.com/blog/creamy-cheesy-scrambled-eggs

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...