Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Guest Post: Noshing With The Nolands

Today's post is by Tara from Noshing With The Nolands, a blog that's full of great recipes and delicious photos....

Greetings my name is Tara and I have a husband Ken and a daughter Amber. We all love to nosh!! And to be able to nosh well you have to cook well. We are new to blogging but we are trying very hard to bring you innovative, creative and delicious recipes that you can easily make. All three of us love to cook and you will see that on our site at www.noshingwiththenolands.com The recipe for the stuffed meatballs was created by Ken. All the photos good or bad are done by me. This is a huge learning curve for me but I am enjoying it so much. Amber has done cooking classes with her friends and myself for the last two years. She is also very creative in the kitchen. We do Friday Night Cooking Classes which we usually call FNCC. I hope you enjoy this meatball recipe and our site. Cheers Tara, Ken and Amber.

Ken made these the other day and wow were they good!!! They are not quite a popper but more of a knife and fork appy. From the luscious interior to the crunchy exterior these little meatballs are great!!!


4 mild Italian sausage
24 cherry tomatoes
1/2 cup asiago cheese, finely grated
1 cup panko crumbs
1 cup bread crumbs
2 eggs
salt and pepper
1/2 cup flour
canola oil
salsa


Cut the top off of the cherry tomatoes and core them. Stuff in a small amount of grated asiago cheese. Repeat for all of the tomatoes. Remove the sausage meat from the casing. Pinch off a small amount and flatten it out into a disc. Place the tomato on the disc and wrap the sausage meat around the tomato. Have three dishes ready to roll the meatball in. First one with flour, salt and pepper to taste. Second with 2 beaten eggs. Third with panko, the rest of the asiago cheese, bread crumbs and salt and pepper. Now roll the meatball first in the flour then egg and finishing off in the panko mixture. Heat 2″ of canola oil in a wok and deep fry to golden brown. Serve with salsa. Yummo!!!!



Do you want to be featured as a guest blogger on The Chic Geek? Click here to e-mail me.

Pin It

6 comments:

  1. Great recipe Tara, it looks and sounds so delicious, it's making me feel incredibly hungry haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great recipe! It sounds wonderful. I'm going to bookmark it to try next week. Thank you for a great new dinner time idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicious ... omg I want some now... and how easy .. thanks for sharing.. will try it this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it, looks good. Thanks for the recipe, will cook one day.

    by Travel Guides | Hotel Deals

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look really fancy! And if you bring them to a party, they're sure to be a surprise in your mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wished to mention that I’ve really enjoyed browsing your blog posts. In any case I’ll be subscribing to your rss feed and I hope you write once more soon!

    By: www.bedroomchecker.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...