Monday, April 9, 2012

Matzoh Toffee Bark

This week I will be focusing on Passover foods. Since there are a lot of dietary restrictions during the holiday, it can be easy to fall into a Passover food rut. It's fun to get creative and I hope you all enjoy the recipes!

This Matzoh candy is always a big hit, it's crunchy, sweet, a little salty and completely addictive. It can also be made with saltines (for those who don't observe Passover, or other times of the year. If you use saltines, just omit the sea salt that gets mixed into the toffee)

Matzoh Toffee Bark
5 pieces of plain matzoh
1 cup unsalted butter
1 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups semi sweet chocolate chips

optional topping ideas: toasted sliced almonds, sea salt, white chocolate drizzle

Preheat oven to 350.

Start by lining a baking sheet with heavy foil, lay the matzoh pieces on the foil in a single layer (you may need to break a piece or two in half to fit, or depending on the size of your baking sheets, you may need 2)

Melt butter in a saucepan and add brown sugar and salt, stir until well combined. Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Boil for about 4 minutes, stirring the entire time. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract.

Spoon and spread the hot toffee evenly over the matzoh. Bake for 15 minutes, checking on it often to make sure it is not burning.

After removing it from the oven, sprinkle the chocolate chips on top, let sit until the chocolate looks melty, then spread it evenly over the matzoh with a silicone or offset spatula. Sprinkle on whatever toppings you like and let the chocolate set. Finish with a drizzle of melted white chocolate (optional) and break bark into bite sized pieces.

this recipe is also shared at some of my favorite food blog hops



Pin It

9 comments:

  1. This sounds and looks like one of the most delicious things I have ever seen in my life Mal, awesome recipe. It's great to see it's Kosher too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am inviting you to come and be part of my blog hop:
    http://juliejewels1.blogspot.com/2012/04/safe-cooking-habits-and-tips-show-your.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie! I just linked up :-)

      Delete
  3. Mal, thanks for stopping by my site! This matzoh looks like what my friend Tamar has been bringing to my house for the past couple of years, except (shhh) even better. Love the addition of the slivered almonds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks absolutely delicious! I've never had matzoh toffee bark but I'm tempted to try making it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks awesome! Thanks so much for visiting and leaving your sweet comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had these once at a bake sale. They aren't hard to make and I lost the recipe. Please share this on my foodie friday linky today. So glad to see this again.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...