Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Passover Crepes

Crepes are a favorite food of mine, and just because it's Passover does not mean you have to miss out on your favorite foods! So I decided to adapt my usual crepe recipe with matzoh cake meal, and was really pleased with the results.

I filled and topped mine with sugar and fresh lemon juice, but the sky's the limit with options.

Passover Crepes (makes approx 6-8 8" crepes)
1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon matzoh cake meal
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup lukewarm water
large eggs
tablespoons unsalted butter, melted

for savory crepes, add:

pinch salt

for sweet crepes, add:

1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla

Combine all ingredients and let rest at room temperature for 30 minutes before use (can also be refrigerated if you aren't using it right after 30 minutes). Whisk again to ensure the batter is smooth (the matzoh meal can clump a little).

Add batter to crepe pan  (by a little less than 1/4 cup each) or iron, swirl the batter, cook, flip and then fill/top as you like.



Pin It

5 comments:

  1. This is such a great idea! I'll have to surprise my bestie with these beauties. We adore our crepes and now that she's half way through Passover I'm sure she's hankering really bad for some comfort food about now.
    Happy Passover Mal! ~Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore crepes as well and I even had a few last night with peach jam. Muah. Have a great day, darling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds really delicious to me Mal, I'd love to eat a few of these right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the Passover recipes, mal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those crepes look absolutely perfect. Sugar and lemon juice sound like lovely toppings.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...