Thursday, April 26, 2012

Zoku Quick Pop Maker

I recently got a Zoku Quick Pop Maker. I have been eyeing them at Williams-Sonoma for ages, and when we had a heat wave in April, I remembered how gross summer can be in Boston (and if it was 90 degrees in April, what would happen in July?!). I realized then that this would be a basic survival necessity. So I placed my order and started daydreaming about all the things I would freeze into pop form.


So even though when the pop maker arrived it was a good thirty degrees cooler out than when I ordered it, I was smitten. I love being able to make small batches and experiment with lots of different flavors and varieties of pops. They can be as healthy (or unhealthy for that matter) as I like them!

After the initial freezing period (longest 24 hours ever) I got started by making some simple juice pops, and the process is so easy. You just mix together whatever you want as a popsicle (as long as its consistency is pourable and it cannot be sugar free, since natural sugars are needed in the process, you're all set), pour it into the mold (each mold holds just about 2 ounces), wait for 7ish minutes, then voila! Popsicles!

Cranberry Orange Pops (makes 2 pops)
3 ounces Ocean Spray 100% cranberry juice (in whatever variety you like, I had cran-raspberry on hand so I used that)
1 ounce fresh orange juice
1/2 teaspoon orange zest

Stir together ingredients and freeze


Pin It

7 comments:

  1. Such a good idea - right in time for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like it makes some seriously delicious popsicles, I'd love to eat one of these right now even though it's pelting down with rain today, delicious lollies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard so many awesome things about this pop maker! Popscicle All The Things!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow... I totally need that and I didnt' know it until right now. When I think of all the pops I could make....yum

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, I think I need this in my life immediately. Those look so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want this! I've had my eye on it for a long while now :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just got one of these as a gift over the weekend along with the recipe book. I can't wait to start freezing! Keep us posted on your creations!

    www.bundtsofsteelblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...