Wednesday, May 30, 2012

New Sunscreen Labeling

With the summer fast approaching, and the days already getting sunny and hot, it's definitely time to not leave home without the sunscreen.

This year, the FDA has put into place new labeling requirements for sunscreen. These requirements create a standard for over the counter sunscreens, the final regulations go into effect on June 18, 2012. You can read more about the specifics here.

Meanwhile, Olay has put together this great chart about these new guidelines and sun safety:


What sunscreen is your favorite? I have been using Neutrogena SPF 100+ for years now and it always protects my super pale skin (and doesn't clog my pores).

Pin It

4 comments:

  1. This is a great guide Mal, especially for someone like me who struggles to properly understand factors and things like that so thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such an interesting chart. Thanks, sweetie. Have a great day. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm so glad companies are finally getting with the program!! this is crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to know. I'm religious about applying sunscreen. I like neutrogena. It's my go-to.
    Seattle Beauty Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...