Monday, June 4, 2012

Simple Sherbet

In the summer, I prefer sherbets and sorbets to ice cream. I love the lighter flavors and textures. This sherbet recipe is ridiculously easy and so delicious. I have been making sherbet this way for many years.

Simple Sherbet
3 cups whole milk (you can also do a combination of whole and reduced fat)
1 can of frozen juice concentrate, thawed
sugar to taste (optional)

Mix together milk and juice concentrate, taste and add sugar if you would like it sweeter. Pour into ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions.

Some of my favorite flavors are:
Any type of lemonade (pink lemonade, raspberry lemonade, plain lemonade...)
Cranberry (I add the juice of 1 lime and some zest to this as well, it's a perfect combo)
Fruit Punch (or most of the ones that are a blend of 3+ flavors)

this recipe is also shared at some of my favorite food blog hops

pink lemonade sherbet

Pin It

5 comments:

  1. I love this idea! I so wish I had an ice-cream maker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds and looks so delicious Mal, pink lemonade sherbet sounds to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I aways think of rainbow sherbet floating in my mother's punch... I love it's texture too. Thanks for sharing this on foodie friday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks soooo yummy! Great summer time snack!!

    Check out my giveaway...I'm giving way Rock Eye Designer Liner!

    ♥ Shia

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds easy and delicious! I'll have to try this.
    - Maurice Mitchell
    The Geek Twins | Film Sketchr
    @thegeektwins | @mauricem1972

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...