Thursday, July 26, 2012

Judging Books by their Covers

I came across a blog post on babble written by the mother of a six year old. She showed her daughter some covers of classic books, and had her guess the plots merely based on what's happening in the cover. Here are a few of my favorite responses.


"It doesn’t really have a story. The cover is weird. It doesn’t give you like any clue to what it is about on the cover, like other books do. "


"It’s about a person who is a robot, a very colorful robot. He’s pretty fancy for a robot."


"I think it's a book about a haunted theme park and it stars a magical magic guy and he's good and evil and he's trying to get rid of the ghosts. And I think at the end, since it's haunted by a ghost, he tried to make the park go on fire and it did. "


“It looks weird. I think this must be a book about a tree. I would not read a book about just a tree. And it looks like it’s a sad tree too since it has no friends.”

Pin It

4 comments:

  1. I loved all of these but the last one made me laugh in particular because I love Wuthering Heights and the six year old is missing out, it's about way more than just a tree! The Clockwork Orange one was pretty funny too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious! If I didn't know better, I'd agree with her assessments! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved reading these. They all made sense to me:)

    *Erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL the things kids say. I can't wait until she's old enough to read The Catcher in the Rye and then realizes what it's actually about.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...