Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Donuts and Quotes

I recently came across As I Lay Frying, a tumblr that pairs pictures of donuts donuts with quotes from great writers (this makes longingly looking at fried food a more intellectual activity, right?).

Here is a small sampling:



"My God, a moment of bliss. Why isn't that enough for a whole lifetime?"
-Fyodor Dostoyevsky

"I have come home at last! This is my real country! I belong here.
This is the land I have been looking for all my life, though I never knew it till now..."
-C.S. Lewis

"I would always rather be happy than dignified."
-Charlotte Bronte, Jane Eyre

Pin It

6 comments:

  1. Ha! Love this!! This post has made my morning...and it has also made me hungry! :)
    Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This last photo really has me wanting this food, some of the things that you find on Tumblr are just incredible, mmm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it acceptable to just eat donuts for lunch? Because that's what I'm thinking now... yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! Donuts are great for any meal

      Delete
  4. Best idea for a blog ever. And I'm OBSESSED with the name!!

    Sues

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! Why didn't I think of this blog?! I eat enough donuts and have read enough books. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...