Tuesday, October 23, 2012

All Hallow's Read

I just learned of All Hallow's Read this year, and I'm really excited about it. What it is is that during the week of Halloween, or on Halloween, you give a scary book to someone. I think it's a fabulous idea, the site also has some sticker templates so you can anonymously leave the book for someone to find while still getting the word out about All Hallow's Read; what a fun treat to stumble across during the Halloween season.

Two years ago, Neil Gaiman started this tradition with a blog post mentioning that there aren't many traditions where books are given to one another.

And while we're talking about giving books out, please take a minute to check out UNICEF's Book Or Treat.


Do you have a favorite scary/Halloween-themed book? What book would you like to give somebody this Halloween for All Hallow's Read?

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. I love the idea of giving out books on Halloween, it's an awesome tradition because like you say reading needs to be encouraged more, this is a great concept!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea!! I read Pride and Prejudice and Zombies for Halloween last year. As a child, my favorite was Roald Dahl's Revolting Rhymes- an awesome take of fairy tales.

    *Erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Revolting Rhymes! So great!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...