Monday, October 15, 2012

Woodchuck Apple Crisp

Little is better in the fall than an apple crisp. This recipe has a twist in a bottle of hard cider that gets reduced down and added to the filling. It adds an amazing extra oomph to the crisp; truly delicious.

Woodchuck Apple Crisp
filling
7 medium apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
1 12-oz bottle hard cider (I used the Woodchuck Fall Limited Release for this)
1/2 tablespoon vanilla
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons all purpose flour

topping
1 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, lightly packed
2 cups quick cook oats
3/4 cup all purpose flour
8 tablespoons butter, melted

Pour cider into small saucepan over medium-high heat and reduce to a half cup of liquid. Remove from heat and stir in the lemon juice and vanilla.

In a large bowl mix together the flour, sugar, and cinnamon. Add apples and toss until evenly coated. Drizzle the reduced cider mixture over the apples and toss to combine.

Pour apple mixture in a buttered baking dish. 

Mix together the brown sugar, oats and flour, slowly pour in butter, mixing with a fork until well distributed and crumbly. Sprinkle topping evenly over the fruit.

Bake for 45 minutes at 350.

this recipe can also be found at some of my favorite food blog hops



Pin It

12 comments:

  1. This sounds and looks so delicious Mal, I'd love to have some of this! Thanks for sharing the recipe, I think I'll try making this for a nice Fall dessert some night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woodchuck Crisp = cutest name ever. Think I can call mine Woodchuck crisp even if I use a different brand of cider...?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No sense in losing out on the cute name! :-) What's your favorite type of hard cider?

      Delete
  3. Mmm your apple crisp looks wonderful! It's one of my favorite desserts, especially in the fall! It's so wonderfully comforting! Yours looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Woodchuck Cider! I don't like beer so I drink that as a replacement : ) I will have to try this next time I have a bottle left over!

    Thanks for sharing at Mealtime Monday!

    Kaylee
    www.couponingncooking.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same way- I never got the taste of beer, but love hard cider instead

      Delete
  5. I'm so trying this!!! I LOVE Woodchuck! Thanks for sharing at MTM!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! I have got to try some of the hard cider, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Woodchuck cider so not sure any would end up in the recipe but I had never thought to add it to apple crisp. I am thinking this may need to go on our TG dessert menu! Thanks so much for linking up to the Thanksgiving Treats & Fall Fun link party!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow...I bet the addition of the hard cider does give this traditional fall treat a new dimension! Thanks so much for sharing and linking up at Thanksgiving Treats and Fall Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This has become a family favorite. My son requested this in place of a birthday cake. I've used Fall, 802 and tonight I used the Winter cider :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...