Monday, November 12, 2012

Cranberry Butter

When I came across a recipe for cranberry butter on bon appetit, I knew I'd have to try it. I made a smaller batch and added more maple syrup to mine. It's a truly delicious spread with a touch of sweetness.

I think this would make a perfect light breakfast on thanksgiving morning with some warm, fresh english muffin bread.

Cranberry Butter (adapted from bon appetit)
1 cup fresh cranberries
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 stick unsalted butter, softened

Combine cranberries and maple syrup in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally until the berries have cooked down to a jam-like consistency. Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.

Combine softened butter and cooled cranberries together in a bowl and mix until completely combined.

this recipe can also be found at some of my favorite food blog hops



Pin It

8 comments:

  1. I'd love some of this for my toast in the mornings Mal, it sounds amazingly delicious and I'm sorely tempted to try to make it or to at least try and get my mother too give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen cranberry butter before! It sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowwwww
    How I wish I could taste it!
    It looks and sounds soooooooooood

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh goodness! My mouth is watering!! That looks (and sounds) delicious!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just stumbled upon your blog via Cup of Jo. This cranberry butter looks delicious! Looking forward to making it and checking out your other recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a neat recipe...now I can't wait to buy some cranberries! Thanks so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like I need to make it asap!
    I would love to have you share this, or any other recipe of your at Wednesday Extravaganza - my Foodie Link Party with the chance to get a lifetime feature on my Wall of Fame. Here is the link:
    http://www.hungrylittlegirl.com/1/post/2012/11/wednesday-extravaganza-4.html

    Can't wait to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bet this would be a great addition to a Thanksgiving menu. Thanks for sharing a Must Try Monday.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...