Monday, November 19, 2012

Pecan Coconut Brownies

There's not much to say about the awesomness of brownies. I like mine kind of chewy, ridiculously chocolate, and with something crunchy on top (never frosting for me). These brownies are really amazing.

Pecan Coconut Brownies (adapted from Cook's Illustrated)
1/2 cup peacans, chopped
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1 1/4 cups cake flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
6 ounces unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped
12 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 1/4 cups sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla

Preheat oven to 325. Toast pecans for about 5 minutes, until fragrant. Meanwhile grease a 13x9 baking dish.

Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt to combine; set aside.

Melt chocolate and butter together in a large bowl set over almost-simmering water, or in the microwave on 30 second installments, stirring in between. Remove chocolate from microwave when a few lumps still remain, stir until compltetely smooth.

Gradually whisk the sugar into chocolate mixture. Then add eggs one at a time, mixing thoroughly after each addition. Whisk in vanilla. Then add in flour mixture in three additions, folding it in with a rubber spatula.

Pour batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle the top with the pecans and coconut. Bake until a toothpick comes out mostly clean (just a few crumbs); about 40 minutes.

this recipe can also be found at some of my favorite food blog hops



Pin It

3 comments:

  1. These look so damn delicious Mal, I'd love to have some of this right now, this is one of the best sounding recipes I've read on here in a long time, I want to eat it so badly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great! And I like my brownies chewy, too. Thanks for sharing at Must Try Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like chewy brownies too - my mom always served them with butter on top. These look fantastic! I'd love for you to share this at Tuesday's Table for the Holidays - http://zentmrs.blogspot.com/2012/11/tuesdays-table-holiday-ideas.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...