Monday, January 21, 2013

Peanut Butter Oat Bars

I am so thankful for pinterest. Otherwise I wouldn't come across wonderful recipes, like this one for ridiculously delicious peanut butter oatmeal bars from Pumpkin Honey.

Peanut Butter Oat Bars (adapted from here
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
2/3 cup smooth peanut butter
1 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup milk
1 cup all purpose flour
1 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 13x9 baking dish.

Cream together butter and peanut butter. Add sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Add egg, vanilla and milk and mix until completely incorporated.

Slowly add in flour, oats, baking soda, and salt. Continue to mix until smooth.

Pour mixture into prepared pan and smooth into an even layer (the batter is quite thick, so I lightly oiled a spatula to help spread it out evenly).

Bake for about 20 minutes, until golden brown, rotating the pan halfway through cooking time.

After bars are done baking, move to a cooling rack and sprinkle the chocolate chips on top. Let sit for a couple minutes for the chocolate to soften and then spread the chocolate over the bars. Let cool completely before cutting.

this recipe can also be found at some of my favorite food blog hops

Peanut Butter Oat Bars

Pin It

4 comments:

  1. These bars sound awesome to me Mal. I'm a big fan of peanut butter in baking and this looks like it could be one of the best types of all, sounds delicious to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mouth watered when I saw the picture. This sounds fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Peanut Butter and Chocolate! Thanks for sharing these at PInworthy Projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm...peanut butter and chocolate! Thanks for sharing them with us on the Creative Corner Hop.

    Sandy
    Cherished Handmade Treasures

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...