Friday, February 1, 2013

Super Bowl and Puppy Bowl


This Sunday brings Super Bowl XLVII, matching up the San Francisco 49ers and the Baltimore Ravens. I'm not a huge football fan, and don't really find myself feeling strongly about either team. I do, however, enjoy foods that are eaten during football games.

As a nod to this years host city (New Orleans), I'm thinking a batch of jambalaya might be the perfect thing to enjoy during the game. Want some more ideas for what to whip up for your Super Bowl Party? How about something...

Cheesey?
Fried Camembert
Mac & Cheese
Roasted Garlic Cheese Bread

Meaty?
Bagel Spice Wings
Barbacoa Beef
Chicken Nuggets
Pulled Pork
Turkey Chili

Sweet?
Caramel Corn
Peanut Butter Oat Bars
Pecan Coconut Brownies
Seven Layer Bars

This Sunday another annual event can also be seen: Puppy Bowl IX! An adorable alternative to football filled with romping puppies. The full starting lineup can be seen here (they're all so cute!), all of the puppies shown are shelter dogs, and the whole show is targeted towards awareness of adopting a pet. Truly awesome.


Are you excited for the Super Bowl? What team are you rooting for? What's your favorite football snack?

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I've never heard of Puppy Bowl before but it's for such a great cause that I'm surprised I haven't. As a non-American I'm like you in having no preference but I know that worldwide absolutely adores the spectacle that is the Superbowl so it's going to be awesome to hear how it goes!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...