Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Julia's Kitchen

I've been in Washington, D.C. for the past four days for a conference for work. While I was exceedingly busy and barely had time to sleep, let alone sightsee, I did (miraculously) find myself with a couple free hours on my last morning there. So I headed over to the Smithsonian Museum of American history to go visit something I've been wanting to see for many years: Julia Child's kitchen.

It was a really well done exhibit, filled with lots of things from Julia's life, and the kitchen itself had a clear wall (that once held pans) so you could look into the full kitchen, and there will little nooks so you could step a little further in to see more and feel like you were inside of Julia's kitchen. It was such an amazing experience for me. I really didn't want to leave. 

Smithsonian Museum of American History
Julia's Kitchen
Julia's books

Invisible pegboard
  Kitchen Tools

Ecole Des Trois Gourmandes

 Julia's Emmy

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Aww man I'm well aware of how much you love Julia Child so I'm absolutely thrilled that you got the chance to check out her kitchen while you were in Washington. It sounds like a wonderful experience that you'll never forget any time soon, a nice way to break up a trip for business as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this! I got to experience it when I was a kid, but definitely didn't have the Julia Child appreciation I have today. I need to get back to DC and do it again! :)

    Sues

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...