Monday, April 29, 2013

Sriracha Salt

We go through a lot of Sriracha in our home, it tastes amazing on basically everything from noodles to meats to eggs. I've seen that you can buy Sriracha salt on amazon, but I figured I'd make my own, which is so easy to do. It adds a little extra oomph as a finishing touch to your dish.

Sriracha Salt
1/2 cup coarse grain sea salt
2 tablespoons Sriracha

Line a baking sheet with a silpat or parchment paper.

Combine salt and Sriracha in a bowl and mix until combined. Pour mixture onto prepared baking sheet, and spread into an even layer. Let dry at room temperature until no longer moist (this took about 36 hours for me), raking through it with a fork a couple of times during the drying process.

  Sriracha Salt
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. This sounds really good Mal, I've never tried this salt before or the drink in general, sounds so interesting and different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never would have thought of this! Great idea.... Especially for my savory / spicy loving food man! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...