Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Chocolate Fluff Cookies

Mallomars are a favorite cookie of mine, but unfortunately they do not ship these delicious treats during summer months due to the melting factor (I still don't understand this, with modern technology and all), but it makes them a seasonal delicacy for me.

America's Test Kitchen recently posted a recipe for cookies resembling my beloved Mallomar on their feed, so I knew I'd have to try them out. Not exactly the same, but really delicious and absurdly easy to make. My store didn't have the crackers they recommended so I made a substitution (see below).

Oddly enough, this is the first time I had ever eaten fluff. Greg loves fluffernutter sandwiches, so we had some in the cabinet, but it was never a food I wanted to experience, until now.

Chocolate Fluff Cookies (adapted from here)
10 plain McVitties biscuits (originally recommended were Carr's Whole Wheat Crackers)
10 heaping tablespoons marshmallow fluff
1 cup bittersweet chocolate, chopped
2 tablespoons vegetable oil

Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spray a wire rack with vegetable oil spray and set on top of the parchment. Check that you have enough room in your freezer that you can slide the tray in and out easily.

Spread a heaping tablespoon of fluff on each biscuit and set on wire rack. Transfer rack to freezer and chill until fluff is firm, about 15 minutes.

Combine chocolate and vegetable oil in a bowl, microwave until melted and smooth.

One at a time, lift fluff topped biscuits with a fork or spatula and spoon chocolate over the top until covered smoothly. Transfer back to wire rack. Once all cookies are coated, put the tray back into the freezer until chocolate is firm. Serve immediately or store in fridge until serving.

Chocolate Fluff Cookies
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. These look just delicious Mal. I have to admit that I've never tried what these are based on but they look delicious as well. I don't understand why it's just seasonal, maybe being produced the whole season round just wouldn't be profitable like with Creme Eggs over here in the UK, I guess it adds to the specialness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful! Mallomars are SO good and I love how easy these seem :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...