Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Key Lime Ice Cream

With the weather beginning to turn warm, I made my first batch of ice cream this year. I decided to do a variation on a favorite dessert, key lime pie, and turn it into a frozen treat.

Key Lime Ice Cream
1 14-oz can sweetened condensed milk
1 cup heavy cream
1 1/2 cups whole milk
1/2 cup key lime juice
1 tablespoon lime zest

Whisk ingredients together until smooth. Pour into ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions.

Key Lime Ice Cream

Key Lime Ice Cream Sandwiches
my favorite way to enjoy the ice cream was to make them into ice cream sandwiches between two graham crackers and dipping the edges in colorful sprinkles

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. I love key lime pie so I have a feeling that I'm going to love this key lime ice cream just as much! I simply have to make it some day, made the way you have it makes it look incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love anything key lime and I know I'd love this! Gotta try it soon for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love key lime pie and this sounds so good! Also, best idea every to use graham crackers to make ice cream sandwiches! :)

    Sues

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...