Happy nearly summer everyone! One of my favorite parts of the summer is all the delicious grilled out food. Greg got me a hot dog bun pan recently, and couldn't wait to try it out. The results were really awesome, I started out with the recipe that came with the pan.
Hot Dog Buns (recipe from here)
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp. instant yeast
2 Tbs. sugar
1/4 cup nonfat dry milk
2/3 cup instant mashed potato flakes
1 1/2 tsp. salt
2 Tbs. butter , softened
1 cup warm water
1) Mix all of the ingredients together and knead until dough is smooth and shiny. Add additional water a little at a time if dough is not smooth.
2) Allow dough to rise in greased bowl until nearly doubled in size.
3) Gently punch dough down and place into a lightly greased New England Hotdog Bun pan, stretching the dough to the corners. If dough does not easily stretch, let it rest a few minutes then continue stretching.
4) Place a greased baking sheet on top of the pan and weigh it down. Let the dough rise again until the dough comes to within 1/2 inch below the rim of the pan.
5) With the cover still in place and weighted, bake 18 minutes at 375º F. Remove the cover and bake an additional 5 minutes or until the buns are golden brown.
6) Allow buns to cool in pan then turn out onto cutting board. With rounded side up, slice the top of the buns almost to the bottom.