Monday, July 1, 2013

Cold Brew Coffee

I love iced coffee, it's one of my favorite things to drink.

For a while now I have seen several variations on the cold brew coffee, and read the claims of less acidity. I wanted to try it for myself. I love it! It's definitely a smoother flavor, and I love that it starts out cold, so you don't have to wait for your coffee to cool down before icing it.

Cold Brew Coffee (inspired by here, here, and here)
1/4 cup ground coffee
water

Measure coffee into a quart sized container with a lid (I love my mason jars for this) Fill the rest of the way with water, cover and give it a shake to mix it up a little bit, then lit the mixture sit for at least 12 hours.

Strain coffee mixture through a coffee filter set into a strainer (this process can take a while, but be patient).

Add coffee to your glass, then add milk/cream/sugar, etc to your liking.

  Add Milk 

Cold Brew Coffee

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. This looks delicious Mal, I love cold coffee like not much else, mmm!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...