Monday, July 15, 2013

Lucy Knisley: The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies

Not too long ago I discovered the wonderful work of Lucy Knisley, when I checked out French Milk from the library after reading a short review online. It's a graphic novel travel diary, and I loved it, especially all the attention she paid to the food eaten while away. I was thrilled to learn she had another book coming out soon, and I got Relish as soon as it came out. This one is all about food, and it's fabulous. My favorite part are the lovely illustrated recipes (I'd love an entire cookbook exactly like this). One of which I had to try almost immediately...and I suggest you do too, these cookies are really something special. The right balance of crisp and chewy, salty and sweet...delicious.

The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies (from here)
1 cup butter, melted and cooled
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla
2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons salt
1 cup coconut flakes
12 ounces chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350.

In a large bowl, mix together butter with sugars until thoroughly combined. Add eggs one at a time, and then vanilla, mixing with each addition, stir until completely incorporated.

In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and 1 teaspoon salt. Slowly add dry ingredients to the wet until the mixture comes together. Then mix in the coconut and chocolate chips.

Drop dough onto ungreased cookie sheet and top dough with an additional pinch of salt, bake for 10-12 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through.

  Relish & Cookies

The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies 

Chocolate Chip Cookie

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. These sound absolutely incredible. I love chocolate cookies as a general rule so for these to be proclaimed as being the best means that they're must try for me, they look delicious too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz had a recipe for "perfect" chocolate chip cookies. I think it involved chilling the dough overnight. You should give that recipe a try and see how it stacks up against "the best".

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...