Monday, July 22, 2013

Vanilla Ice

I originally bought this adorable ice cube tray to make coffee bean shaped frozen coffee with my leftover cold brew coffee (and because I am somewhat of a sucker for cute shaped items and themes), but then I was thinking I could also make ice cubes to add to my coffee, which is how I landed on these vanilla ice cubes, creamy and vanilla-y, so delicious.

Vanilla Ice makes the perfect amount to fill this tray
1 cup milk
1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
2 tablespoons sugar (optional)

Combine milk, vanilla bean, and sugar (if using) in a small saucepan over low-medium heat and bring to a simmer, simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and let cool completely. Discard the vanilla bean and pour into ice cube molds, then freeze.

  Vanilla Ice

Vanilla Iced Coffee

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I love flavored ice cream and these vanilla ones are so pretty :)

    Sues

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds brilliant, perfect little idea Mal, I'm biased though because I adore vanilla flavouring.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...